BELCHER

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Travels & Other Stuff

Sorry it's been so long since I wrote. Life has been really busy for us all!!! Since last time I wrote, Phil was on school holidays. Solly loved having his Dad around and I was particularly blessed as I could have some time to myself, which was gold!!! We decided to travel to Sydney for a couple of days, staying with Phil's Aunt Judith and her family in Homebush Bay. And from there we drove around meeting up with some friends of ours and my Uncle Dan and his family, and my Aunt Amanda, who was visiting from the Gold Coast. It was great to catch up with everyone and show off our little darling. He was very well behaved the whole time! He traveled really well, only having a cry when we missed the service station when he was due for a feed. But he did really well. We then traveled up to Kurri Kurri, where we stayed with another of Phil's uncles, David and visited his Grandma and another uncle and his family. Solly was definitely the life of the party!!!
Anyway, we've been back for about 3 weeks now, and in that time we started our New Parents Group, where a bunch of mothers (except for one time when a father came!) hang out together and have people come and give talks about certain baby issues. All the babies are within 8 weeks of each other and Solly is smack bang in between them all. It is great seeing how other mothers operate and the different ways the babies grow. Funny story...One of the mums there is one of the teachers who taught at my school when I was in high school!!! But I am easily the youngest. I think the average age is about 30, and there are one or two in their 40's!!! Crazy hey!!!
Solly has been having quite a bit of time with his pants off lately as he has developed a nappy rash on his inner thigh, which I think keeps him quite miserable. So he spends half the day lying in the sun with his pants off. We try to keep the floor clean by putting down mats, wraps etc, but somehow he always manages to miss them and get the carpet...or himself. Last night he peed all over his PJ's when i was changing him at 5am!!! Silly Boy!!!
He is still growing really quickly. He holds himself up perfectly now and loves a good chat. He's also learned to take his dummy out when he wants a chat. And...sad story...he's into 00 clothes. He can't wear the cute little outfits that he did when he was newborn. But he does have some groovy outfits.
And he's moved into the cot in his room. It took a bit of getting used to, but the walk down the hallway on the freezing cold Canberra nights isn't too bad. I've got a nice warm dressing gown and fuzzy slippers, so it is OK.
Well, I could write forever about my little pride and joy, but must leave it for now. Ciao

1 Comments:

  • It takes me ages to catch up but have been reading all the news of Solomon. Can't open the photos, Gill, for some reason, but I don't doubt he is lovely from Amanda's pics. Much love, Granma

    By Blogger mumandad, at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home